Running PPC campaigns in 3 search engines has its challenges. There are many 3rd party pay per click management solutions to help, however Google Analytics can do many of the same reports.
One of the biggest challenges is to make sure all 3 campaigns are targeting all the important keywords. The best way to analyze this is to have a chart which compares the traffic for all 3 search campaigns by keyword.
How the Pivot Chart Optimizes PPC campaigns
- In Google Analytics go to Traffic Sources > Search Engines and click on paid
- On the left drop down go to Keyword
- Click on the pivot icon – the 2nd from the right
- Compare the numbers across the search engines
- If you see a zero in one search engine you are probably missing that keyword or underbidding — because the other search engines shows clicks
- Next step is to go and optimize those ad campaigns
- Find out if you:
- Forgot to add this keyword to Adwords
- If the bid is too low
- If there is another reason the keyword is not showing
You should check out conversions before you do the optimization. I will show you how to do this in another post.