I am embarrassed to admit that I haven’t posted in a couple months. I know that some folks blog almost every day. And a lot of them are busier than me. And I am an internet marketer who tells his clients that a blog without frequent posts can’t be successful.
The truth of the matter is, my blog has a different purpose than most. I don’t expect people to come back to my site every few days. The goal of my internet marketing site is to capture leads. The purpose of the blog is to support this by:
- Demonstrating to visitors that my internet marketing company is alive and kicking by my adding new material to the website
- Showing off my internet marketing expertise
To attain these goals I really don’t have to blog every day. Once a month should do it. The point is that a blog doesn’t necessarily have to be updated often. Don’t be put off from blogging because you don’t have enough time to post all the time.
- First, determine what your goals are.
- Then, see if a blog will fit into this strategy.
- Only then should you decide if you have the resources to keep the blog going at the pace you need.
Now let’s see if I can manage to post at least once a month.